Thursday, August 5, 2010

Daily Rant #1 (Unreasonable Modesty)

I always find my head filled with complaints everyday so I figured I'd do something like this (almost) everyday.

Unreasonable modesty is one of the most annoying traits a person could have. Such as, when an objectively attractive girl always seems to disagree with "you're pretty" compliments all in an effort to keep the compliments coming. Don't give me that "but it's gonna make me seem conceited" bullshit. Those who call you conceited for merely accepting such a compliment are clearly jealous and are narrow-mindedly clawing for subtle, potential negative traits about you to which they will attempt to blow out of proportion to fulfill their envy-fueled vendetta against you... So if you look good, you look good, don't be a cunt and deny a clearly reasonable compliment. Thankfully accept it with modesty (yes, you can still fulfill your self-rewarding aim to be modest, because obviously, there is no such thing as internal, genuine modesty. For if you truly aren't aware of the extent of what you are being praised on, that is just textbook ignorance, not modesty. But then again, being externally modest is redundant in itself and is basically included in the general definition. I'm not sure if a parentheses is allowed to hold this much text) and move on with your life filled with more compliments. However as the whole concept of "objective attractiveness" (oxymoron, or is it? Apparently there's some method where symmetry, bust size, body fat, etc. is taken into consideration and determines one's beauty. Anyway...) is clearly debatable, size, not so much. I say this because I've seen girls, who are clearly skinny, deny compliments of being skinny in front of a larger girl. If what you are isn't skinny, how do you think your fatass friend must feel, asshole? Well, I went over my initial 4-5 sentence expectation of this post, but I guess rants are never really meant to be quantified.

No comments: