Monday, January 2, 2012

Playlist #30

 
Was yet another comparatively boring and mediocre year for my jaded, cynical, and unaccomplished self. But don’t pity me. I’ve had a year more privileged than 90% of the world, and I’m more than grateful for that. Don’t be a bullshitter, try to make good on your arbitrary resolutions, and let’s cherish this next one. Happy New Year. Now onto my playlist...

1. Cross Bones Style by Cat Power
2. Salty Dog by Cat Power
3. In This Hole by Cat Power
4. Novelty by Joy Division (Another JD favorite. This one's off of Warsaw.)
5. 5th Echelon by The Jet Age of Tomorrow (A sub-group of Odd Future. That distinct, synthy OF sound infused with a Kool Keith-esque spaciness and sort of the mellowness of golden age East coast hip hop.)
6. Thump Thump by The Jet Age of Tomorrow
7. LunchBox The Jet Age of Tomorrow Ft. Vince Staples & JQ
8. Welcome Home Son by The Jet Age of Tomorrow Ft. Casey Veggies & Tyler, The Creator (Similar to Veggies' "Ridin' Roun Town", but still nice.)
9. Poisenville Kids No Wins/Reprise (This Must Be Our Time) by EL-P Ft. Cat Power
10. The Diamond Sea by Sonic Youth (A Sonic Youth classic. I do opt for the 6 minute version though.)
11. Hey Joni by Sonic Youth
12. Silver Rocket by Sonic Youth
13. 'Cross The Breeze by Sonic Youth
14. Hoarfrost by Sonic Youth
15. Sunday by Sonic Youth
16. Sonic Nurse (Entire album) by Sonic Youth (Only main SY album that I never gave a legitimate listen; skimmed through it, preoccupied. Bought this shirt the other day, so I felt obligated to give it a full listen, and turns out that I like the whole album.)
17. Star Power (Acoustic) by Sonic Youth [I actually like this version better than the original. To me, this embodies the hypnotizing aspect of their down-tuned riffs, without any of their trademark distortion (which I dig, though). A bit similar to Thurston Moore's latest album, which is primarily acoustic, and more universally appealing, in my opinion. Check it out.]
18. Lifeboat by Lovage (Can never go wrong with Dan the Automator. Classic-ass album if I may say so.)
19. Fingerbib by Aphex Twin
20. Smoke a Sack by Three 6 Mafia (Wanted to make the list an even 20, so I pressed shuffle on my iTunes. Turns out I have 5 different Three 6 songs that start with the word "smoke".)

No comments: