Monday, February 18, 2013

Playlist #50


1. Eclipse/Blue - Nosaj Thing Ft. Kazu Makino [The Kazu Makino features continue (RE: "In Vertigo" - Beach Fossils) with this absolute gem of a song. Beautiful video too.]
2. Aquarium - Nosaj Thing ("Eclipse/Blue" really got me back into Nosaj Thing these past few weeks. Who could forget this track, made famous by Cudi years back.)
3. Glue - Nosaj Thing
4. Snap - Nosaj Thing
5. Fog - Nosaj Thing
6. Us - Nosaj Thing
7. Voices - Nosaj Thing
8. Givin' No Fucks - Trinidad James (Samples the above song and does not disappoint. The beat is simple as fuck: pretty much a loop of the first 3 seconds of "Voices" with a standard 808 beat behind it. But sometimes we find potency in simplicity and blah blah blah yeah.)
9. $outh$ide - Trinidad James Ft. Fortie Bowie (Hazy yet upbeat; a dirty south "Gas Drawls". Some old school southern rap shit. Some lazily sway your head while slouched down on a couch with a Cheeto hanging out of your mouth shit.)
10. Land of Lords - The Underachievers (Not sure if I mentioned this before, but I saw these dudes at the Low End Theory a month or two ago. Got around to downloading Indigoism which dropped a few weeks back. Not too bad. Good sampling of "Montara" on this song.)
11. Leopard Shepard - The Underachievers
12. Sclera - Kool A.D.
13. Electric Feel - MGMT (Heard some MGMT at a hipster coffee shop, went home, and...felt like listening to some MGMT.)
14. Congratulations - MGMT
15. Siberian Breaks - MGMT (I have a pretty short attention span, even when it comes to music. So being that this song is 12:10 long, I cut it up on Wavepad, and put the parts that I like on my iTunes. That is how I operate. Oh look, a shoe!)
16. Mathematics - Mos Def (Classic. This song is like my Cultural Studies class in rap form.)
17. Plucking Daisies - PackFM (In commemoration of Singles Awareness Day.)
18. Sorry For The Delay - Grizzly Bear (Pretty sure this one was on a playlist from a few weeks ago. Oh well, it's a good song.)
19. Pink Love - Blonde Redhead (Those Kazu Makino features inspired me to listen to Blonde Redhead, which I haven't done in a while. This song in particular has forever been my favorite.)
20. Capricornus - Austin Peralta (Some amazing, piano-driven jazz fo yo azz.)
21. The Underwater Mountain Odyssey - Austin Peralta
22. Ode to Love - Austin Peralta (R.I.P. Austin Peralta, age 22)
23. Camel (Nosaj Thing Remix) - Flying Lotus

No comments: