Friday, September 3, 2010

A Subtle Observation



I recently got into Louis C.K.'s material and found his comedy to be pretty complementary to my sense of humor. A raunchy, self-deprecating, hilarious, vulgar brand of observational comedy; already one of my favorite comics. Well anyway, I was planning to write something very similar to Louis' rant in this video, so I thought I'd just let it partly do the job. With the gradual improvement of technology, we keep becoming accustomed to the convenience. I'm guilty of this, as everybody else is. For example, due to the Internet's immediacy nowadays, I found myself getting irritated the other day when Google took 2 seconds longer than usual to load. And to think there was a time when computers didn't even exist. I wouldn't go as far to criticize this mentality as Louis did, however. It's just human nature and an amusing observation as far as I'm concerned.

Unrelated mini-rant:
I hate when people ask questions on the Internet, particularly Facebook, which they could easily find the answer for on Google. Just simple questions that elicit one objective answer like: "What's a ____?", "Who does he play for?", "Who is that?", etc. Perhaps it's a way to spark conversation, but I can only see such a conversation ending with the answer to the question or just a simple "Google it." If you find yourself encountering such a person, here you go: www.lmgtfy.com

No comments: